How do we turn the First Character of a word into Capital Letter in excel?
We use Proper Function in Excel to turn each words First character into a Capital letter. Keep in mind that Numbers, Punctuation marks & Space characters are not affected by this Proper Function.
Proper will Turn Each Countries First Character into a Capital letter.
- middle east & north Africa TO Middle East & North Africa.
- latin america & Caribbean TO Latin America & Caribbean
- Text will be the Reference of the Excel Cell.
- Any date or Number Formatting will be Removed if =Proper Function is used on Dates & other Numerical Data sets.
- Proper Function will also remove if it’s ALL capital letters in a text to only First Character as Capital letter.
See below Reference.
- Use PROPER to capitalize each word in a given text.
- All words in a text are capitalized.
- Numbers and punctuation characters are not affected.
- Number formatting is removed from standalone numeric values.