How do we Convert the Upper case or all caps letters to Lower case in excel?
We use LOWER Function in Excel to turn Upper Case & ALL Caps (Capital ) Letters into Lower Case letters. Keep in mind that Numbers, Punctuation marks & Space characters are not affected by this LOWER Function.
LOWER will Turn Each text into lower case letters.
- MARK & Cari TO mark & cari
- APPLE TO apple
- EXCEL & GOOGLE SHEETS TO google sheets
- Date to Number. So don’t use lower Case Functions on Dates Values.
- Text will be the Reference of the Excel Cell.
- Any date or Number Formatting will be Removed if =LOWER Function is used on Dates & other Numerical Data sets.
- Use LOWER to Convert each word in a given text to lower case.
- All words in a text are converted to lower case.
- Numbers and punctuation characters are not affected.
- Number formatting is removed from standalone numeric values.
- Upper Function will Convert text to ALL Capital letters.
- Proper Function in excel will convert text to First letters as capital letters.
- Lower Function will convert text to all lower case letters in excel.